Consulting - Financial Services, Technology Risk - Senior (IT Risk Assurance)-Hong Kong
We are the only professional services organization who has a separate service line dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to provide a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, insurance, asset management and private equity, we provide highly integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
As part of the EY Financial Services technology risk team, you'll work with multinational finance services institutions to gain a better understanding of technology risks and assess the related controls. You'll help management benefit from implementing better controls and have greater confidence they can respond to whatever the future may hold.
You'll be engaged in providing some of the most significant and class-leading IT external/internal audits and risk engagements globally. As part of the market-leading risk professionals across the globe, you'll gain the valuable experience you need to become a successful risk advisor. At EY, we recognise that it's the perspectives, skills and enthusiasm you bring to clients that makes the difference.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, Certifications - External
Your key responsibilities
EY consultants are considered by clients as seasoned and trusted in what they do. The technology risk teams focus on providing our core services which include:
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Participate in process walkthrough and client interview for understanding client's IT environment and controls implemented over IT systems
- Help prepare for schedules, document request lists and reports that will be provided to clients and other parties
- Help prepare for meetings with client management teams and participate in these meetings
- Help assess client's IT environment and controls implemented over IT systems, and prepare work paper
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships with EY Consulting and with other service lines across the organisation
- Undergraduate or masters' degree preferably in one of the following areas: Business, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Law, and other related majors
- 1-4 years (over 3 years of experience will be considered for Senior position) hands-on experience with key components of IT risk assurance
- Possession/working towards the following certifications (not limited to): HKICPA, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CGEIT, CIA, PMP
- Good computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Chinese processing
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese. Mandarin is an advantage
Skills and attributes for success
A Big 4 background or comparable consulting experience is advantageous, although some of our strongest performers come directly from industry therefore candidates with industry experience and demonstrable success managing IT risk assurance workstreams and proven experience of conducting IT risk assurance discussions at senior management are also encouraged to apply. A broad background across IT risk assurance is expected with specific experience in 1 or more of the following areas essential;
- Knowledge and practical experience with providing IT audit and assurance services (including external / internal audits) to clients or experience in any of the following areas:
- IT integration of financial statement audits
- IT-related internal and/or external audits
- Third party assurance e.g. service organisation controls reporting engagements
- SOX/internal controls
- Risk assessment
- Business process reengineering
- Experience in identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and express opinions clearly to all levels of staff
- Experience in managing and supervising teams of professional employees and mentoring team members through development feedback and performance processes
- Experience in project management, preparing and providing reports, and giving presentations to clients
- Logical thinker with strong interpersonal and organisational skills. Able to interact effectively and gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm in the performance of responsibilities
- Supervising, coaching, developing and leading teams and individual team members
What we look for
Highly motivated and a good communicator you will need to convey technical content in business language with senior management. You'll also need to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career but recognises the value in developing others and strengthening the team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions and consulting, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.