The Credit Initiation Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to assess the ability of individuals, companies and institutions to meet the demands of loans, agreements and extended obligations in coordination with the Operations - Services team.The overall objective of this role is to ensure financial threats to the company are minimized by determining the terms or level of credit that can be granted without undue risk. Responsibilities:
- Manage one Credit Initiation team including various Supervisors, Sr. Supervisors and support staff in various roles
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies and procedures to increase the efficiency of credit initiation processes
- Manage projects and ensure team deliverables and back-up Senior Managers and determine and develop new work procedures
- Analyze and resolve problems and troubleshoot discrepancies, and provide evlautive judgement based on information analysis
- Manage staffing requirements to meet operational needs and contribute to budget planning, policy formulation and capacity planning
- Coach and motivate staff, ensure staff development, manage performance, and make recommendations for appropriate personnel actions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related role
- Intermediate to senior level experience in a related role with commensurate people management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues utilizing in-depth disciplinary knowledge of concepts and procedures
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
Roles & Responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Manage and supervise one application processing team and assist CI Head to manage Projects and team deliverables
- Manage and monitor the end-to-end processing of Asset Products, including but not limited to new application, credit line changes, annual renewal, account credit maintenance request as well as government guarantee application workflow process to achieve service / productivity standardsand ensure work quality and take appropriate action to optimize risk-reward outcome
- Monitor & ensure all credit processes are in compliance with credit policies and operating procedures and adherence to both regulatory and Citicorp compliance requirements through effective execution of control program such as self-assessment, day 2 review, quality assurance framework etc.; report to Department Head for any control processing deficiencies issues.
- Review and identify opportunities to eliminate, automate or improve the workflow and process for productivity gain, cost efficiency and service improvement
- Collaborate with country counterparts, such as Products, Risk Management, Technology, other operation units and also government bodies (e.g. TID / HKMC) to drive applications processing & approval, other account maintenance request, post approval processes for Unsecured Products
- Coaches staff, manages staff performance, makes compensation decision; manage staff career development
- Perform credit analysis during credit assessment and exercise sound credit judgement in evaluating Asset Products applications and account maintenance requests in compliance with the established guidelines / policies to maintain a balance between risk and reward
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
Intermediate to senior level experience in related role with people management experience Job Family Group:
Operations - Services Job Family:
Credit Initiation Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting