Controllers, Investment Accounting, Analyst, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize and build your accounting and finance knowledge as a controller supporting the principal and alternatives investment strategies of Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting and/or product knowledge and a passion in finance to support the Asset Management Division's Merchant Bank which primarily focus on the long term investment objectives of the firm. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Month-end procedures preparing financial statements for posting to the firm's general ledger
- Financial and regulatory reporting and ensuring it is of high quality and meets the applicable accounting standards (e.g. USGAAP and IFRS), tax and other regulations
- Conduct reviews of transactions for accounting treatment, funding and control considerations across various asset classes
- Work and drive innovation-related initiatives, including workflow automation and data analytics projects
- Work effectively with the Business and other Federation teams, including Operations, Risk, Tax, Technology and Treasury
- Collaborate with other divisions to ensure compliance and proper risk management as well as capital adequacy and funding for firm's investing structures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Qualified accountant preferred with prior experience in finance or audit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong confident character, team player control mindset and able to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.Proactive and willing to take on extra responsibilities
- Fluency in written and spoken Chinese is preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity