For an insurer in Hong Kong. Corporate actuaries to conduct a mixture of corporate and capital management activities. The work will include some business-as-usual work and some project work. This is an opportunity to for the incoming actuaries to shape how the business manages itself going forwards. Work will include economic balance sheet production, projections, sensitivity analysis, analysis of movement and capital optimisation.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- IFoA part or fully qualified (company grading, partially dependent on stage in qualifications)
- Proficient in one or more modelling systems (Prophet is used now, but the organisation is open to other modelling systems such as Axis, Mo.net etc)
- Ability to ‘think big picture’
- Demonstrate good understanding of economic capital.
- Experience of risk-based capital regimes helpful, for example Solvency II
- Demonstrate good interpersonal, communication, planning & management skills
- Open, proactive and willing to challenge when necessary
- Good spoken and written English.
- Cantonese and Mandarin advantageous.
- Visa status: Assistance with employment visa sponsorship may be provided where necessary