Corporate Communications - Translator
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
The holder of this role will be a key advisor to Director of Group Communications, Director of External Communications, Associate Director, Internal Communications, members of AIA's Group Finance team as well as senior leadership team, including the Group Chief Executives as well as the Chairman of the Group.
He/she will be responsible for editing and translating English-language financial and business content into professional simplified and traditional Chinese for an investor and business audience.
The ideal candidate should have work experience in financial services and publicly listed companies to ensure that he/she is familiar with the relevant terminology frequently used in such communications
The successful candidate will have the ability to ensure that the quality of AIA's Chinese-language communications adhere to the highest standards, above common industry standard, and accurately and meticulously reflect AIA's brand, culture and values. Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible for editing and translating from English into simplified and/or traditional Chinese documents and content such as, but not limited to, the following:
- AIA's Annual Report and Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) Report
- Financial Reports and Stock Exchange announcements
- Speeches, talking points and PowerPoint presentations for CEO
- Media releases
- Media articles that require translation from Chinese to English
- Scripts for videos
- Content for AIA's websites
- Point person for translating any important and time-sensitive Chinese-language internal correspondence into English for AIA's non-Chinese reading executives
- Manage the efforts of an external translation service provider to ensure its adherence to the highest standards expected by AIA
- At least 5 years' related experience in journalism, publications, translation, copywriting and editorial work acquired from sizable global or regional insurance or financial services organization
- University Degree in Journalism or Communications or related disciplines acquired from leading global University or Tertiary education institution
- Excellent written English and Chinese, English to Chinese translation, proof-reading and editing skills
- Results-driven with proven track record in driving and achieving results
- Outstanding organization and time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Effective communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills who will work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Good time management and project management skills who can work well meeting project deadline or business priorities
- Attention to details with curiosity to learn
- Independent and innovative thinker
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Knowledge in other translation or editing tools would be unique advantage
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.