Corporate Treasury Middle Office - Senior Associate
Corporate Treasury Middle Office team (CTMO) is responsible for the key functions of Liquidity Analytics and Reporting, Interest Rate Risk Reporting, Balance Sheet Analytics and Funds Transfer Pricing. The team is responsible for the production of key Liquidity, Interest Rate Risk and Funds Transfer Pricing analytics and reports provided both externally & internally, including senior management, board and regulators. The team oversees the execution of the control agenda and operating model supporting the data flow from the various line of business (LOBs) into the liquidity risk reporting system (Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI), interest rate risk reporting system (ALMonD) and Global Funds Transfer Pricing Tool (GFTP) and ultimately feeding into various Liquidity , Interest Rate risk and FTP analytical tools and reports.
In partnership with the various LOBs, Corporate Treasury and Risk functions, the team performs key controls, analytics and metrics to validate Liquidity and Interest rate Risk at the Legal Entity, Currency, LOB, and Product levels.
Hong Kong team is currently responsible for all the control, analytics and reporting affairs on all of the legal entities in APAC and LATAM, the FTP analytics and controls related to APAC and EMEA, as well as all of the firm-wide and global legal entity related control and reporting affairs supported at the APAC time zone as required.
This position will be focused on, but not limited to, data quality control, advanced analysis, innovative data analytics and reporting that supports the team's responsibilities detailed above.
• Ongoing analysis of the firm's and Legal Entity (LE) liquidity, interest rate risk and balance sheet positions including FTP analytics, developing reporting and analytics to assess impact of business decisions on firm's and LE positions
• Partner with key stakeholders including Liquidity, Interest Rate, Legal Entity and Country Risks , Liquidity and Balance Sheet Management teams, Treasurers and Senior Management by developing, monitoring and analyzing regular analytics and reporting to calculate, monitor and track liquidity and Interest Rate Risk measures, incorporating regulatory changes and internal liquidity stress scenarios
• Develop the full suite analytics for different lines of business and legal entities and incorporate currency impacts
• Monitor data flows on an ongoing basis between LRI/ALmonD/GFTP through to final reports and serve as the control point for significant variances and impacts in the respective reporting areas
It is also expected the person to be the pioneer to help improving the quality, process and the efficiency by taking an aggressive initiative to design and pilot new technology and process usage , whilst being able to oversee subsequent implementation done by various different offshore peers sitting in three strategic hubs globally
The position offers a good opportunity to be the focal point for all firm-wide and LE analytics and good visibility into all the LOBs across the bank. It provides a unique opportunity to understand firm-wide and LE Treasury Management, liquidity and interest rate risk initiatives, FTP allocation across LOBs, as well as macro industry changes in the treasury management, liquidity and interest risk space. There is extensive interaction and communication with colleagues within the various lines of business, Treasury, Risk, Finance, senior management , other corporate functions as well as peers within the CTMO organizations across the globe. There is also significant visibility to senior management, as the team's analyses and reports are regularly presented to senior management, governance committees and regulators.
The team also frequently develops ad-hoc analyses for specific regulatory initiatives and senior management requests for data and analytics. Qualifications Skill and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in financial analysis and/or risk management . Experience in Treasury / investment operations or other Treasury / Funding related areas a plus
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced financial analytics and data analysis skills. Knowledge of the application of the Intelligent Automation tool such as Xceptor, Alteryx, Tableau and/or Python is a plus
- Have a innovative and strong design mindset with creative thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to work together as a team
- Expertise in analyzing large data sets to assess financial trends, assess data quality, run data queries and diagnostics and ability to synthesize and visualize data
- Knowledge of liquidity and Interest Rate Risk and Framework at location level is a plus
- Ability to work with various stakeholders including offshore teams and to lead high impact initiatives independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, confidence and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to different stakeholders including senior management
- A bility to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute effectively