Corporate & Investment Bank - Technology Major Projects Manager, Associate
Job Description About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Information about the firm is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/. About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. Overview:
The Asia CIB Tech Major Cross LOB Project team are responsible for the program management and execution of projects that are regulatory or business driven initiatives requiring large scale infrastructure deployments and involves multiple lines of business within CIB Tech and/or scales across multiple technology groups with JPM.
These programs will generally have critical time-bound deliverables and be visible at the most senior levels of JPM as well to external jurisdictions Job Description:
The candidate will join a team performing diverse roles and will report into the Regional cross-LOB Program Director. The primary role within the team is to provide Project Management for programs within the portfolio impacting North Asia and most specifically China. This role requires exemplary organization skills, to plan and manage multiple concurrent projects, working with geographically dispersed application and infrastructure teams, while consistently providing quality management-level status reporting and timely escalation of issues. The right candidate is well organized, articulate, ambitious, proactive, comfortable filtering large volume of detail, non-hierarchical, likes to execute, wants to develop as a leader and is able to foster strong working relationships. Responsibilities:
Management Framework & Reporting:
- Chair and prepare materials for the Application Working Groups governing the design and execution phases for the application work streams
- Prepare materials for the project Steering Committee and represent the regional application work stream
- Track project milestones using the Clarity project management tool
- Work with management and relevant application teams to create and maintain application solutions and delivery plans
- Work with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) team to analyse, design and provision the required infrastructure products and services
- Collaborate closely with interdependent strategic programs teams and stakeholders.
- Comply with the Global Technology strategic agenda and guidelines to reinforce the resiliency and controls environment of the Firm.
- Support coordination of efforts including but not limited to the following:
- Application deep dives on planning and solutioning
- Application infrastructure design including sizing and host requirements
- End to end solutioning meetings with the application teams and business stakeholders
- Risk and issues reviews with the GTI and application teams
- Manage all aspects from program initiation through to post implementation reviews, including forum(s), participants, meeting frequency, idea evaluation and prioritization criteria, and ongoing evaluation.
- Routinely capture learning points and integrate them into subsequent activities.
- Comply with global and regional project management reporting requirements.
- Develop metrics and reporting, to deliver clear visibility of progress.
- Track and escalate risks and issues to drive their timely mitigation/resolution.
- Facilitate application team interactions with the GTI architecture and Project Management teams in design and planning activities
- Collaborate with Finance and Business Manager on yearly forecast budget and actuals of infrastructure spending
- Subject matter expert on GTI provisioning and support processes to meet delivery deadlines
- Drive end of life and cost efficiency initiatives
- Minimum 10-15 years of project management or IT Management with at least 5-10 years' experience in financial Services, research and/or management consulting
- Mandarin language, both written and verbal is highly desirable
- Strong project management and organization skills, with the ability to execute quality output.
- Experience in Technology is preferred, ideally with recent experience in IT management and preferably in the financial services sector in a regional or global capacity
- High level of independence, energy and integrity
- Strong collaborator with ability to foster relationships effectively with diverse groups across geographies
- Confident and organized with strong reasoning and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and handle multiple, competing priorities and projects at one time
- Business acumen, relationship management, organizational management skills
- Detail oriented