Cross Asset Sales Distribution - Sales - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Product & Market Knowledge
: Product, Technical and Market knowledge: demonstrates a strong knowledge and expertise on marketing structured products to Institutional Investors (notably on EQ, FX, Rates, Commodity and derivative investments).
Strong knowledge in financial markets overall and their dynamics (ability to provide client with suitable and relevant market comments and advisory) and keep developing this knowledge through regular training.
Interpersonal skills: strong sales and communication skills, autonomous and pro-active, energetic, results and client driven, strong ethics such as integrity and transparency, strong conduct risk awareness. Able to work under a stressful environment. Sales Talent & Efforts:
to pitch SG capabilities and products, recruits new clients, identify their needs and trade with them, establish a durable and permanent relationship; not just concentrating on existing clients but also on new ones. Market Intelligence:
Knows his market, the needs of each client segment, what competitors do in terms of products - Feedback the information to management, other sales teams, engineering and structuring teams and trading teams to improve capabilities of the platform. Team Work & Cooperation:
• work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group.
• make necessary meetings to introduce and leverage our Traders, Research and other product partners, strong Sales & Trading Alignment, develop dialogue with other sales in all centres regionally & globally to facilitate information sharing and to foster cross selling and client referral.
• Be a role model for junior staff (demonstrate drive and professionalism) - Lead by example to junior staff of the team.
• Fit in well with rest of team and into SG's culture
Reporting and Transparency:
Regular reports meetings to various parties involved in coverage and all necessary stakeholders, enter information on client and meeting into iC or any other CMU tools, report to necessary managers and/or BMO of sensitive incidents or transactions.
: Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid to enter into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understand local rules and regulations of his market(s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre- and post-trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation etc...), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals...) etc... , and always refers/escalate all potential issues/internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance. Dealing Procedures & Coordination
• Cooperates with support functions
• Properly inputs deals in IT systems, in an exhaustive manner, pays particular attention to the correctness of term sheets and the credit processes (iFlows etc) - validate quickly Final Terms when needed. Daily & Monthly Reporting in RTQS.
• Keep operational risks and errors close to zero if possible.
• In regards of the Product Mandate and Client Coverage, is autonomous and reliable to execute client orders according to SG internal execution standards from pre-trade to post-trade requirements as listed but not restricted below: (refer to Sales handbook and consecutive amendments for exhaustive list)
- Pre trade coordination: KYC On-boarding process, Client Capacity and Product suitability check, Credit checks within Iflow and Iforce, Finalization and validation of supporting legal documents (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, Termsheet, Confirmation), Review of Marketing documents
- Trade confirmation: Execution and recording of trades with clients according to SG standards and regulatory requirements (MiFid and DFA as an example), Timely input in booking systems, respect of Sales Credit and Margin Policies
- Post Trade coordination: Settlement instructions, cooperation with various middle office teams, reporting and valuation process with CSU, BO and OPER support
Key skill areas & knowledge required:
- People friendly, client oriented, highly driven reliable team player.
- Proficient multi-tasker, strong time management skills, ability to work with high accuracy under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- High level of proficiency in Bloomberg, Microsoft (particularly Excel, PowerPoint), programming languages such as Excel VBA, Python etc
- Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Science, Statistics, Engineering
- 2-4 years of relevant sales experience in Banking and Financial services
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA. Primary Objectives
- Marketing and Sales of structured products to institutional clients based in Hong Kong and Singapore across all asset classes with a primary focus on equity derivatives
- Build and develop close client relationships
- Execution of daily flow to support the senior sales.
- Enlarge and diversify client portfolio (widening of product scope, increase in volumes, market share and/or markup with existing client base, and onboarding of new clients)
- Push various product campaigns & maintain awareness of SG product strength and offerings. Conduct trainings/presentations with clients
- Meet operational budget target
- Cooperation with other sales and with other sales teams, as well as other departments and partners (notably Coverage/Relationship Managers, Trading, Engineering, RISQ, MO, BO, Legal, Compliance, etc...)
- Ensure the activity is performed safely and appropriately, in compliance with internal guidelines as mentioned above
- Always keep updated on the regulation proactively to offer perfect internal & external code of conduct
- Able to organize, supervise and guide trainees and offshore team. Provide continuous and adequate internal training to deliver best service to clients. Key focus on excelling in providing clean documentation, timely pricings.
- Access new automation ideas, initial and lead projects with various teams to continuously improve efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Cantonese
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/03