DC Operations Reg Reporting - Team Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Jan 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is one of the world's largest financial services organisations, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading positions in its three primary businesses' securities, investment management and credit services. With more than 600 offices in 32 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an Equal Opportunities Employer committed to workplace diversity.
The Mumbai & Singapore Clearing Operations teams are responsible for managing daily margin movements, Asian reconciliations and Client services for clients trading and clearing Listed Derivatives products across Asian exchanges. Market coverage includes SGX, HK (futures & options), ASX ETO, ASX24, TAIFEX, KRX, MDEX. Listed derivatives trading & clearing requires strict adherence to regulation & compliance rules. The primary focus of the Clearing Operations Regulatory Control team is to ensure compliance to Asia regulatory reporting requirements.
Key functions performed are;
- Role involves contribution to exchange regulations review and efficiency related projects across Asian exchanges by partnering with local compliance departments, Global Clearing Operations risk & projects teams and the regional Clearing Operations line teams in Mumbai & Singapore
- Daily production of Regulatory Reporting submissions
- Critical analysis to enhance the Global Clearing Operations risk & control environment.
- Management of Change Policy documentation and post-implementation change review.
- Participation in Risk Workshops, Quality Assurance sample testing & Compliance testing
- Contributing to projects relating to new markets/business/technology
- Contributing to external and internal audit reviews
This role will be part of the Clearing Operations Control team based in Singapore; therefore teamwork and flexibility are key. After the initial training period the successful individual will be expected to operate proactively and independently with minimal management supervision. Having the ability to raise issues (escalate) and recommend solutions is a core requirements. This role requires a team player who is able to balance and prioritise between day-to-day activities as well as lead strategic initiatives related to the group. Projects can be global, regional or locally driven. The successful candidate will be expected to explore and generate ideas that will contribute to controls improvement, reduce risk, increase automation and STP.
Commercial / Business Orientation:
- Strong communication / networking skills to interact with both internal / external parties
- Good stakeholder management
- Ability to think commercially and identify potential process improvements and savings for the firm
- Familiarity with Listed Derivatives Asian Regulatory framework is a key requirement
- Knowledge of listed derivatives clearing functions (or at least the concept of allocation/reconciliation) is an advantage.
- The individual will be expected to learn quickly to acquire the required technical knowledge
- PAYS ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Demonstrates excellent attention to detail when analyzing or interpreting data.
- MOVES THINGS FORWARD: Proactively takes the lead to ensure actions and discussion moves forward.
- COMMUNICATES ACTIVELY: Consistently keeps employees informed; is accessible to staff, discusses decisions and problems candidly.
- ANTICIPATES ISSUES: Anticipates problems / obstacles and understands the ramifications. Offers workable solutions.
- CHALLENGES STATUS QUO: Challenges assumptions, proactively looks for ways to enhance and develop processes and procedures, creating a dynamic risk management culture.