Our client, a leading multi-strategies hedge fund, is currently looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join the team in Hong Kong to enhance and revamp some of the data procedures and platform. The team works closely with businesses and provides high-quality data services to different business lines in the firm.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and improving the acquisition and monitoring data platform
- Lead and mentor a team for acquisition, cleaning, organisation, analysis, and delivery of data to downstream systems and users.
- Develop and implement tools to provide autonomy around the platforms data life-cycle
- Maintain an inventory of the data estate
- Implement the control workflow for representing data events
- Work with the investment team, research, operations, risk to ensure their data-related requirements are captured and delivered
- Liaise with external vendors confidently and assist in vendor audit and compliance reporting
- Master of Computer Science or Data Science; strong candidates with Bachelor of Science degrees will also be considered.
- At least 6 years experience for data analyst role or relevant data experience in either a financial institution or data vendor
- Experience working with large datasets, historic and real-time streaming data
- Strong background in financial markets and associated data sets i.e. market data, reference data
- Must have a working understanding of data engineering practices
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Working with structured, semi-structure, and un-structured datasets
- Experienced in Python, data analysis packages such as Pandas and NumPy
- Experienced with both RDBMS and NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, MSSQL, and MySQL
- Knowledge of column-based data storage technologies such as Timescale or Influx
To apply, please send your updated CV to Matthew@aptitudeasia.com. Thanks.