Data Scientist, Data Analytics, Deal Advisory
KPMG China operates in 24 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
In KPMG, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated Deal Advisory professionals to explore solutions for our clients. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects, covering technologies and solutions from traditional data analytics to machine learning.
As part of this team, you will be providing specialised consulting services in Data Science, including data manipulation, data analysis, predictive analytics, to clients across different industries. Responsibilities:
- Delivering high quality Merger and Acquisition related services with a strong Data Analytics component to our clients
- Supporting various R&D initiatives across the wider Deal Advisory team
- Providing training to Deal Advisory professionals on the latest Data Analytics tools including Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx
- Building strong and lasting client relationships through excellent interpersonal skills
- Working with Deal Advisory teams to develop compelling propositions which target relevant client issues
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics or Information Technology-related disciplines such as Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.
- 1+ years' experience relating to Data & Analytics with experience in Visualisation
- 1+ years' experience relating to Python or R programming
- Proficiency and working experience with at least one visualisation tool (such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI)
- Data analytics experience with VBA, SQL is preferred
- Strong understanding in BI/data warehouse concepts
- Team player and ability to work well in a dynamic environment
- Experience working in a consulting environment preferred
- Prior industry experience in retail, healthcare or logistics is preferred
- Strong analytical mindset with solid problem solving skills and ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues and investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions / solutions
- Be curious with data, open-minded to new business technologies, able to explain complex data concepts to people from a non-technical background
- Good English language skills; Mandarin skills preferred but not required
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.