About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive the implementation of the Bank's risk governance framework, process, control register, policies and guideline to respective business units and facilitate the business teams to understand and comply with.
- Being instrumental and provide guidance and advice to business partner for new business initiatives including campaign promotion, process streamline.
- Assist business in coordinating and driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business unit level.
- Assist business in implementing robust control processes to meet all regulatory requirement and internal policy.
- Develop quality MI reports and dashboard required from regular or ad-hoc basis presentation to the Risk Forum/Committee.
- Proactively manage risk with a forward-looking approach and monitor risk event (internal or external), escalate the significant events to Line Manager and / or relevant risk owner as appropriate.
- Proactively manage residual risk assessments with an aim to minimize residual risk or ensure risk is properly accepted with treatment plan.
- Monitor operational risks/incidents in the risk tracking system, in accordance with Group Operational Risk Procedures. Work closely with business stakeholder and relevant risk owners to ensure risks, issues and control enhancement are identified, assessed and resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Assist Line Manager to manage audits and reviews (internal and external, with CPBB as auditee) and the relevant engagements amongst stakeholders.
- Degree holder, preferably solid experience in Risk Management in Retail Banking or internal/external Audit
- Solid knowledge of Operational Risk Management, Control & Governance, Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Incident Management and Key Risk Indicators
- Proficiencies and knowledge in regulatory requirement including Code of Banking Practice, Deposit Protection Scheme, Risk Management of E-Banking, etc
- Strong risk mind sense, analytical skills and common sense
- Sound knowledge in Digital / Technology functions is an advantage
- Self-motivated with good judgement and able to work well under pressure and independent
- Good stakeholder management by establishing good working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and to work well in a team
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers