Reporting to the Head (IT Infrastructure & Operation), the incumbent will be responsible for the overall management of systems operations function and data centres for the delivery of mission-critical data centre services that fulfill the service levels commitments and relevant policies.
- Lead two separate teams composed of different streams of specialists responsible for IT operation on (1) 7 x 24 systems operations; and (2) operations support of data centres
- Responsible for the overall management of systems operations function and data centres for the delivery of mission-critical data centre services that fulfill the service levels commitments and relevant policies.
- Act as the company’s Business Continuity Planner to prepare business continuity plan including business impact analysis, plan and manage various contingency drill tests and annual clearing contingency drill at the backup site
- Manage IT operation function to support business functions of the company
- Manage the system operations team to provide adequate support for application deployment in user acceptance test environments and production/DR environments, automate job scheduling and production processes
- Monitor all computer, network and environmental equipment in data centres, and implement effective control measures to ensure their proper functioning that meets the service targets
- Assist in formulating IT strategies and developing corresponding strategic and tactical plans for IT operation
- Responsible for overall management of data centre hosting service. Coordinate with hosting clients and conduct fee review on a regular basis.
- Implement and maintain ITSM function for the company including incident management, problem management, change management, request fulfillment management and configuration management database
- Exercise control to ensure that all processes and documentation of the teams fully comply with the IT policy and ISO9001 and ISO27001-compliant security management system
- Identify new business initiatives to expand and improve IT operation service
- Provide on-call support for emergency production incidents and fire-fighting
- University education in information technology or related discipline
- At least 13 years' solid experience in IT operation or system infrastructure with at least 6 years in managerial roles
- Conversant with IT service delivery management disciplines
- Experience in managing non-stop data centre and operations of mainframe, AIX, Linux and Windows operating environments and financial/banking applications
- Solid experience in project management, quality management, business continuity planning and IT operation automation
- Solid knowledge of system and network security under various computer platforms: (i) IBM mainframe; (ii) AIX/Linux systems; (iii) Windows systems; (iv) network security equipment; and (v) SWIFTNet services including SWIFTAlliance Access and SWIFTAlliance Gateway
- Exposure to computer audit methodologies and ISO standards
- Exposure in large scale IT projects and/or outsourcing service will be an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English and technical writing
- Strong people management, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Responsive and able to work under pressure