Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg Television and Radio is seeking a highly motivated assignment desk producer / planner to join our Hong Kong bureau. You'll need a breadth of experience of TV production from outside broadcasts to cutting video to preparing graphics and planning. In addition you will be contributing to planning our coverage of both daily and longer-term news stories and events.
You are passionate about storytelling, able to capture the drama of politics while cutting through to the implications of policy for our global audience of investors. An understanding of business, finance and the economy is vital and you'll have exceptional organizational and communication skills to help direct and plan our newsgathering. The role requires a willingness to work early mornings as well as the flexibility to travel. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Monitor news events and provide editorial guidance
- Break down complex news story into compelling narratives for broadcast
- Coordinate reporter hits with TV reporters and wider editorial team
- Plan future coverage of events and provide editorial guidance to that coverage
- Produce content including managing the edits of live and pre-recorded interviews
- Field produce at news events across Asia, managing logistics, producing live reporter hits and communicating with the relevant news desk and live shows
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world
We'd love to see
- At least 3 years of relevant broadcast production experience
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills and the ability to creatively use video and graphics
- A professional attitude that is highly collaborative and creative
- A willingness to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure while juggling different priorities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Flexibility with hours including early starts is essential
If this sounds like you:
- Previous financial journalism experience Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it's never dull. We're a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.