Our client, one of the largest and leading global insurers, is currently seeking a seasoned DevOps/Release Manager who will be responsible for managing the crucial environment/ecosystem as they transform their core platforms and applications due to new Financial governance and accounting standards. IFRS17 has created an opportunity to create new solutions and a new approach more geared at CI/CD and continuous improvement across their core Infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable proficiency in all aspects of the DevOps culture, working flexibly and collaboratively within Technology and have a background within an enterprise organisation. The right person will be in charge to manage DevOps solutions, frameworks, deployment pipelines, and key release management.
- Oversee the release management process to understand what areas are not currently DevOps compatible.
- Build relationships across various departments to facilitate collaboration and influence improvement initiatives.
- Play a key role in creating structure and solutions around Application release and deployment management.
- Bring technical knowledge on delivery, operations, sustainable technical solutions, implementation, and deployment processes.
- Collaborate with all development and configuration teams to define each release of code, the dependencies, and the time needed for consistent deployments.
- Responsible for the overall management of building and maintaining an automated, reliable, predictable, and transparent software delivery pipeline.
- Manage JIRA/Confluence and ensure all initiatives/features/stories are version controlled.
- Manage and coordinate go-live activities including the implementation of the deployment plans and checklists.
- University degree holder in Information Technology, or related discipline.
- Ability to drive change within the team using experience gained in a similar role.
- Release and deployment management experience, ideally at scale.
- Detailed knowledge of DevOps tools - Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure DevOps is essential.
- Knowledgeable in Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, SQL DB/DW and SSIS is a huge advantage.
- Excellent analytical mind and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Continually researching current, emerging technologies, and proposing changes where needed.
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills.