Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms. Founded in 2007, we have over 100 employees across three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney, and Shanghai. Our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets and although we mainly specialise in equity derivatives, we also trade delta one, ETFs, commodity derivatives, and crypto currency products. Technology is inextricably linked to our trading strategies, creating an environment powered by intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and innovation.
Eclipse Trading is embarking on a large scale transformation of our trading platform. DevOps plays a key role in this evolution. As a DevOps Engineer, you will focus on the modernization of our deployment and trading application runtime, which covers thousands of servers and services across multiple locations. This is a key project for Eclipse in which you will have the opportunity to have direct impact in its success.
Along with the deployment and runtime systems, the highly talented DevOps team is also responsible for the CI/CD pipelines, the core infrastructure of the Trading platform, and the real time and historical data analytics infrastructure. You will also play a role in all of these areas. We strive to promote a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement and automation.
We are seeking a high caliber individual with a passion for DevOps and who is committed to achieving results.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Key contributor of deployment system modernisation; technology evaluation and selection, engagement with developers, building out solution with others in DevOps team and trading system developers and managing the migration. Integrate new system into the development workflow, identifying opportunities to automate deployment and testing
- Automate developer tools, workflow automation, trader script deployment
- Develop real time monitoring solutions to drive forward efficiency of IT teams across the firm
- Engineer and optimize data pipelines to deliver real time and historical data to Quant and Trading teams
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior members of the team
- Practice continuous improvement, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Make a direct impact on how technology is delivered and managed at Eclipse
What you offer
- University Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years work experience in a DevOps, Systems Engineering or similar role
- Modern deployment system and orchestration experience and associated CI/CD tooling
- Experience of driving changes through an organisation, coordinating work across teams, ability to juggle conflicting requirements from multiple stakeholders
- Strong development skills in Python, Golang and shell scripting
- Linux system administration experience
- Experience of Kafka and/or data systems (e.g. MinIO, Timescale, data pipelines)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Experience in mentoring or team management
- Able to work / collaborate with other teams to drive for results
- Extremely focused on automation and standards-based solutions
- Confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Thrive in fast paced working environment
What we offer
- Dynamic and collaborative work environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- Work life balance within a multi-cultural environment
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.