Capgemini Hong Kong is hiring Digital Service Manager (DSM). This role is a hands-on role involving all aspects of service delivery, 24/7 operations, effective monitoring, change and release management, logging and alerting in a DevOps environment. As well as working with global support teams helping coordinate, triage, diagnose, recovery and avoidance of outages within the DevOps enabled cross-functional teams.The DSM will also support cross functional teams with the transition of services into live environments.
It is a diverse role requiring knowledge of multiple disciplines:
- Working with DevOps enabled cross-functional teams to support best practice incident and problem management, change and release management and monitoring, logging and alerting for both production and non-production environments.
- Producing DevOps and Service Management metrics and reports.
- Assisting cross-functional teams with problem management and retrospectives.
- Assisting cross-functional teams with change and release management – the path to live.
- Supporting the DevOps transition within the cross functional team.
- Ensuring effective end-to-end service delivery of services through day-to-day interaction with established IT and Product teams.
- Including managing the relationship with dependent systems.
- Building and maintaining great working relationships across all internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify any necessary changes to the contingency / resilience requirements during the life on a service.
- Managing the demise of any components or services that are no longer required.
- Supporting the cross-functional teams with the transition to live - service acceptance process.
- Ensure the IT Service is meeting expectations:
- Supporting and promoting a culture of continuous monitoring by recording and publicising a services performance against stated service quality attributes.
- Take responsibility for responding proactively to deviations from agreed quality standards.
- Review business satisfaction levels with the Business and Markets.
- Driving incident resolution - technology or process, across technology teams, stakeholders and management where required.
- Being accountable for the Service Excellence and Problem Management processes.
- Acting as primary co-ordination point for service issues escalated by external support teams.
- To include all necessary Capacity Planning SMEs and Business Managers.
- Ensure all stakeholders understand the need for accurate capacity planning and the costs of resources provided to meet business demand.
- Ensure cost justification for any increase in capacity requirements.
- Measure and monitor consumption and variances from plan.
- Identify and promote opportunities for performance tuning, improving operational integrity or reducing costs.
- Ensure you contribute to the rates calculations to accurately assess the consumption growth through the next billing year.
- Supporting and promoting a service culture which actively champions customer needs and lean agile principles whilst balancing against internal controls within digital.
- Facilitate regular capacity reviews
Support adherence to group standards:
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with the Group Operational Risk FIM.
- Maintain and observe internal control standards.
- Ensure that cross functional teams are aware of changes to the control landscape within, and that any changes to service architecture and design as a result of changes to the control landscape are incorporated in the project backlog of the relevant service.
- Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training are in place and training is provided, and optimizing relations with regulators.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of at least one of the following areas of Service Management, (service recovery, incident and problem management, change and release management, service transition), combined with an understanding of DevOps.
Additionally, the ideal candidate would have the following, (a subset of the following would be acceptable):
- Solid knowledge of ITIL, Agile and DevOps including experience of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change/Release Management.
- Hands on Experience with ALM tooling such as AWS CloudWatch, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, App Dynamics, New Relic and Splunk.
- A proven track-record of developing and delivering service improvements.
- Proven and extensive experience of service management & application production support with knowledge of service recovery, incident and problem management.
- Experience using service management, service monitoring, knowledge management, communication and workflow tools e.g. Jira Service Desk, etc.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- A flexible & committed approach, a willingness to work outside of core hours as required to provide Application Support at a global level.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Internet Banking propositions or other customer facing applications, services or infrastructure is desirable but not essential
Role relevant qualifications, i.e. ITIL, Service Management qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Proven experience of Application Support, Change and Release Management, Service Transition, Service Introduction or Service Management is desirable but not essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships across business, ITO and SWD teams globally.
- Strong decision maker and proactive self-starter.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven analytical skills & ability to deal with complex & technical data.
- Availability to undertake travel both domestic and international as required.