Director - Asia Treasury
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Responsibilities
1. Bank Connectivity Setup (60%)
- Proactively drive the bank connectivity setup activities as part of Global Account Payable and Cash Book projects.
- Contribute as Subject Matter Expert on various functions including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, Cash Accounting and MIS Reporting
- Work with key stakeholders (Banks and our Vendor) to map the payment instruction file based on the payment file specification and local payment requirement
2. Operational Initiatives (20%):
- Support the project within Asia Treasury Operations to improve business processes and activities (including but not limited to AP and Bank Reconciliation processes and controls) through identifying processes for review and redesign, improve and simplify existing business processes by researching and investigating for optimal solutions
- Work with key stakeholders (mainly Controllers group in Asia) to perform detailed process mapping and prepare analysis of the current processes vs future processes and controls. Work directly with Treasury project team and local Controllers in Asia to develop solutions and implement new workflows or processes (if applicable).
3. BAU (20%)
- Providing support within the Asia Treasury
- 8 -10 years of experience in the financial services industry. Experience in setting up H2H / SWIFT/ API bank connectivities with banks and establishing Straight-through payment process is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of treasury products and payment processes
- Extensive knowledge of the market & market trends in payment processing and bank connectivity setup
- Extensive experience at a senior level including dealing with various banks on bank connectivity setup and activation of straight-through payment processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Treasury/ Accounting designation is an asset
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Strong interpersonal, communications, analytical, presentation and decision making skills
- Good organisational skills with an ability to effectively prioritise and meet critical deadlines
- Strong technical knowledge about the bank connectivity setup and payment files combined with a customer driven approach
- Global mindset - skilled at managing inter-cultural and global relationships; flexibility to accommodate global project
schedules, which will include off-hours conference call and travel that will be required.
- Strong team player, achievement oriented, self-motivated, taking initiative, business acumen.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.