Director, AML Compliance
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products and services daily. We believe in the value of empowering our Director, AML Compliance
with the resources to enhance and achieve our business performance objectives for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife is looking for this role in the AML Compliance team of the Legal & Compliance Department, Hong Kong of the Company to provide a unique opportunity to the successful candidate to provide support relating to Hong Kong, Macau and Bermuda AML/ATF Compliance, external and internal AML/ATF audits and any ad-hoc projects. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
On the job you will:
- Experience in financial institutions, preferably a minimum of 8 years in the insurance or banking industry.
- Knowledge and experience in IA, AMCM and preferably BMA AML/ATF regulations and requirements will be an advantage.
- Strong English and Chinese communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a team, audit, regulatory enhancements with Ops and BUs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Good MS Office applications and Chinese Word Processing.
- Independent, analytical thinker, hard-working and solution/business orientated mindset.
Our commitment to you:
- Head up the AML Compliance team, supported by a team of 4 AML professionals.
- Provide day-to-day advice, support to our Hong Kong and Macau business and operations on AML/ATF matters, including advice on Bermuda regulations where Manulife is incorporated.
- Review and enhance the Hong Kong, Macau and Bermuda AML/ATF Compliance framework, including review and preparation of policies, guidelines
- Handle IA, AMCM, BMA, regulator, law enforcement body enquiries, investigations, audits on AML/ATF.
- Act as the AMLCO.
- Drive, manage and monitor any compliance and operational required remediation/enhancement works to ensure compliance with Hong Kong, Macau, Bermuda AML/ATF regulations, laws and guidelines.
- Review and keep abreast of any regulatory requirements, initiatives rolled out by a Hong Kong, Macau, Bermuda regulator, law enforcement body relating to AML/ATF Compliance, carry out gap analysis and ensure timely implementation.
- Handle consultations on draft regulations, guidelines rolled out by a Hong Kong, Macau, Bermuda regulator relating to AML/ATF Compliance.
- Prepare, review and if required deliver training to Hong Kong and Macau business and operations on regulatory, compliance requirements touching upon AML/ATF Compliance.
- Work closely with Regional AML/ATF Compliance team on case onboarding, including those involving EDD
- Provide training and guidance to the AML Compliance team.
- Prepare, review ongoing reports for periodic regulatory/compliance updates to Manulife's Board of Directors, Regional and Global Compliance and Senior Management on AML/ATF matters.
- Lead, manage and coordinate ad-hoc AML/ATF company projects, initiatives where required.
- Act as AML Compliance team crisis call tree coordinator.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Compliance, Hong Kong.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com
#LI-RC39 Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .