Director, BCS Trading - Convertible Bonds
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To expand our client facing business by developing a Convertible Bond trading business. This involves holding inventory, trading asset swaps/ascots, providing access and market making where required in Asian markets
- To enhance our Bespoke Credit Solutions capabilities while adding a product offering in demand (Chinese convertible bonds are growing at a greater pace than the rest of the world combined)
- To manage any inventory, asset swap/ascot positions and develop all of the access and financing portions of the business related to convertible bonds; to sell the credit piece of issuers through different channels of the bank
- To organize the core trading products, models, risk reporting and downstream infrastructure. Subsequently to build out any ancillary products that would be needed to hedge
- To enhance the existing business and adds specific market risk that the bank is comfortable taking and clients have demand for
- To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance
- Accountable for helping establish and maintain frameworks to ensure flow trading, especially Asian IG, processes are efficient, appropriate and compliant with all internal and external regulations.
- Substantial experience of and demonstrated success in structured or flow Credit Trading
- Good engineering degree and proven ability to handle quantitative models
- Must possess sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return), excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.