About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate Strategy
- Support the implementation of the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the HK CFCC team, consistent with the vision and strategy for CFCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Provide CFCC advisory in client level to business in relations to FCC matters including ML/TF/Sanctions/Tax Evasion/Fraud.
- Work closely with the Fraud Operations, CISO, CIOs and Operational Risk Officers, as well as other key stakeholders to drive fraud risk management requirements, make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends, and keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
- Review relevant policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in Hong Kong retail banking to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Overseeing and challenging 1st line Fraud risk proposals and risk-taking activities;
- Intervening in 1st line activities if they are not in line with existing or adjusted Risk Appetite;
- Recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Undertake enhanced due diligence on new and existing higher risk /sensitive clients such as PEPs or those associated with high risk industries or countries.
- Provide subject matter expertise on FCC related matters.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Retail Banking teams, Client Onboarding Team, FCC Controls, Regional & Group FCC
- Identify and support any programmes of work in support of the financial crime compliance objectives.
- Review new business requirements and provide solutions where required.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers