The Role Responsibilities Job Summary
Reporting to the Head of Customer Care Centre (CCC), the Director of Chat Team is to help CCC drive the client experience by means of the text messaging and live chat channel. The ultimate objective of this role is to establish a more effective and efficient client interaction experience via our digital channels. Key Responsibilities
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Create an end-to-end interaction model with the customers by means of the chat channel, primarily to address their enquiries, and aspire to extend the cross-selling capabilities in future.
- Work with the Product and Segment teams to create the scripts with the right tone and manner, continuous review and improve the scripts and responses.
- Device ways to optimize the inbound voice and chat ratio, leverage on the chat channel to boost the digital adoption and digital active ratios.
- Explore the possibility of client communication and servicing via the social messaging platform, develop a longer term strategic plan.
- Analyse the customer demographics and usage pattern to achieve the channel efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with the related teams to create the world-class end-to-end customer chat experience.
- Manage the day-to-day performance and productivity of the team with a set of agreed KPIs.
- Establish and lead the live chat team within the Retail Banking Customer Care Centre.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the HK Client Care Centre to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Managing Director, Head, Digital Banking, Client Experience and Analytics
- Country Digital Banking Team
- Country Client Care Centre
- Country Distribution Network
- Group Digital Banking Team
- Group Voice and Virtual Team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 8 years of work experience in the client facing role in any sizable retail financial institutions or ecommerce companies.
- Solid knowledge and intelligence in the latest live chat operating model and technologies including chatbot and other hybrid solutions.
- Knowledge in the retail banking products (deposits, credit cards, personal loans, wealth management) an advantage.
- Proven experience in frontline team management; experience in managing offshore teams an advantage.
- Able to drive change in a complex structured organization.
- People leader, positive and energetic personality.
- Good communication skill.
About Standard Chartered
- Chatbot and Machine Learning
- Text to speech technology and implementation
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers