The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day beneficiary marketing program to capture additional export-LC revenue, increase document capture rate, and drive increased volume of FI programs.
- Work closely with Sales in origination country and other regions to maximize the capture of such flows.
- Work closely with Product Management, Operations, Asset distribution and other relevant stakeholders to refine, and improve product offering.
- Leverage competitive insight, market knowledge, and established network to enhance results.
- Provide administrative support, tracking, and reporting as required.
- Ensure compliance with all AML, KYC, and all other Compliance requirements.
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders, including Product Management, Trade Operations, Trade Sales, Trade distribution, Compliance, Credit and Legal.
- To undertake and manage RFP and deal processes for the specific client base, to ensure optimal solution provided and presented to the customer; working with sales, product management and operations to deliver the desired results. To ensure smooth deal implementation and adherence to high levels of service quality.
- To provide feedback to Product Management on customer needs, trends and market intelligence, and to provide direction on proposed project programme initiatives to central product management teams. To keep abreast of customers' needs, trends and product / market intelligence for new product developments/ enhancements, strengthening SCB's competitive position in this field.
- Conduct Market events/client events to share best practices standards and raise SCB visibility.
Our Ideal Candidate
- To understand customers' businesses and to anticipate the requirements through consultative selling process. To match customers' needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored demonstrations and proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions with customers to maximise revenue and profitability.
About Standard Chartered
- In depth understanding of export LC trade solutions, and how it links with end to end working capital requirements for clients.
- Good client networking and negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding of FI credit.
- Education: Min of Bachelors degree in relevant field (Finance/Marketing/Accounting, or Similar)
- Training: Have been previously trained in financial institution / correspondent bank products
- Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers