Director, FCC Controls
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Leadership & Management
- To lead and manage FCC/Controls related projects and initiatives for the Region and ensure successful and timely delivery by the countries in the regions.
- Assist Head of Controls in developing a sustainable and scalable operating model for Countries' Controls team capability to be deployed in the regions.
- Manages the implementation of policies and procedures for the regions ensuring consistency with Group standards and ensures these are, and remain, firmly embedded. Ensures that across the regions, standard operating procedures and process are deployed.
- Supports all control checks undertaken by FCC under the ORF, proposes control enhancements and simplification
- Partners and actively collaborates with all relevant stakeholders across the AML CDD functional and advisory space to build robust and sustainable operational and execution excellence
- Provide day-to-day support to Regional Head, FCC Surveillance & Operations, GCNA, in support of related Financial Crime Compliance Program Management functions.
- Prepare presentations and reports on behalf of Regional Head, FCC Surveillance & Operations, GCNA on a periodic / ad-hoc basis.
Knowledge Development and Information Management
- Assist to implement and cascade the Group's policy, framework and procedures to country level
- Assist in the development of an effective internal compliance culture by promoting the benefits of ethical business conduct and the benefits of compliance.
- Identify and communicate, across the business within the region, relevant changes in Controls policies, procedures and practices - recommending amendments as required
- Assist in developing FCC Controls-related training to ensure the business and support units are provided with appropriate training
Our Ideal Candidate
- Partner closely with the Group and Regional FCC Controls and their teams, ensuring there is a consistent message to country FCC, and dealing with country issues as they come up
- Support FCC Controls teams in managing regulatory relationships where FCC issues are a problem
- Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime
- Develop and implement financial crime compliance arrangements/frameworks (programs, policies and procedures) for bank and business lines
- Develop and implement risk and Market Integrity methodologies
- Deliver effective FCC/Sanctions/AML/ABC training programs to meet the training needs of the business
- Implement prevention and detection client due diligence (CDD, EDD and CIP) to verify the identity of clients
- Implement FCC/sanctions/AML/ABC risks identification and assessment and advise business on the findings
- Resolve suspicious activity alerts (SARs)
- Partner with Business and Operational Risk to identify and mitigate financial compliance risks
- Conclude investigations of non-compliant activities
- Review system safeguards and recommend process enhancements
- Participate in regulatory and supervisory meetings and consultations
- Resolve conflicts of interest arising from regulations and information security
- Partner with regulators locally or globally
- The role holder needs to possess knowledge of the laws and regulations applicable to money laundering, such as BSA, the Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC/HMT requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.