About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Work with Regional Head of Financing Solutions GCNA to formulate the strategy for the regional in the context of the overall Global Credit Markets, client and Bank strategy
- To facilitate origination working with client teams and across products to identify and target transactions and cross-sell opportunities
- Organize and drive business success through improvement in client penetration and profitability in conjunction with the Regional FS teams and coverage partners
- Build trusted relationships with Promoters, C-Suite and Sponsors through advisory and capital market solutions
- Ensure transaction structures are in line with client requirements, market standards and the Bank's internal parameters
- Oversee robust deal selection, conflict resolution and risk management to ensure the business is consistent with the strategy and risk appetite of the Bank
- Set objectives to my direct reports consistent with team strategy and budget
- Maintain accurate forecasting and financial oversight of the business
People and Talent
- Manage FS GCNA business and risk management process issues by interacting (where required) with representatives on various risk, governance and control committees
- Responsibility for the first line of defence in a supervisory role
- Ensure deals are properly screened and selected in line with the Bank's strategy and risk appetite
- Provide oversight of portfolio risks through the quarterly portfolio reviews and escalate to senior management/ risk forums where required
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Assist Regional Head to employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Responsibility to assist Regional Head in reviewing team structure/capacity plans
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Enforce a culture of risk management, control and governance, and ensure teams comply with the risk management processes in place. This includes (but not limited to) compliance with country-level Portfolio Standards, Underwriting Standards, PPGs
- Through assignment to my direct reports, for regions and businesses under area of responsibility, ensure that adequate and appropriate systems, control and procedures are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, compliance, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation
- Proactively advise on and monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/ or ensure adequate escalation and reporting to the Board and its Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Accountable for escalation from FS GCNA and/or other Group governance committees or stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FS GCNA teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Clients of the Bank
- Client Coverage teams (IC, FI, etc)
- GCM MT / CIBMT
- Regional CIB Head
- Regional & Country CEOs
- Capital Markets
- Internal Audit
- Legal & Compliance
- Managers with similar responsibilities in other functions
- Regulatory bodies
FM Front Office Supervisor Responsibilities
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Financing Solutions GCNA
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Multiple functions; responsibilities that are all laid out in this document re FS GCNA
This role has been identified as a Financial Markets 'Front Office Supervisor' and as such has associated with it a series of specific supervisory responsibilities in addition to any current employee/ management responsibilities within the Bank. Periodically the holder of this role will be required to attest that they understand their specific supervisor responsibilities and that they will execute these diligently. For the avoidance of doubt these Front Office Supervisory Responsibilities supplement and do not replace those outlined in this Job Description as well as any other applicable core employee/management responsibilities associated to employment with the Bank. Our Ideal Candidate
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: Bachelor of Applied Finance from Macquarie University.
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; HKMA licensed person under Types 1, 4 and 6
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers