Director, Integration & Separation, Deal Advisory
KPMG China operates in 25 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff. in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou,Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
Our Hong Kong 'Big Deal' team focusses on advising strategic and financial investors on big (typically USD 1bn+), complex deals, in greater China and ASPAC.
We provide integrated services across the deal cycle typically with one partner overseeing all services: pre-deal (market entry strategy, portfolio review), deal (due diligence, synergies, value creation, valuations, modelling, M&A contract assistance) and post-deal (100 days and implementation).
We are looking for a smart, dynamic, outgoing individual with significant experience in:
- Integration: Pre and post deal integration design, planning and implementation to integrate the target business into the Buyer's organisation whilst mitigating risk and enhancing value.
- Separation: Supporting vendors to plan and deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity to the Buyer with value preserved and business continuity in place from Day 1, including supporting the definition and implementation of transitional service agreements.
- Synergies: Understanding the potential benefits and costs generated through a proposed transaction, and the associated plans, interdependencies, risks and issues for the delivery of base and stretch case targets.
- Joint Ventures: Helping respective partners ensure the key value considerations are identified and prioritised early and delivered through the associated business plan, leveraging each party's specific contribution and capabilities and managing broader stakeholder relationships.
Client facing Origination and Delivery (100% of time)
- Lead large integrations/separations
- Primary day-to-day interface with clients. Develop 'trusted' relationships.
- Build and maintain effective relationships within KPMG - local and global team
- Lead marketing and thought leadership initiatives
- Mentor and support development of the I&S team. This includes contributing to a positive working environment that delivers excellence, but also knows how to have fun and work productively
- Strong knowledge of standard integration & separation methodology
- Financial and commercial acumen, with ability to provide insights / demonstrate expertise, and translate this into business opportunities / wins
- Drive, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Self-belief, with excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Self-motivated and well-organised with a positive attitude towards challenges, and ability to problem solve
- Comfortable working under high pressured conditions
- Able to travel and willing to work in multiple jurisdictions
Experience and Background:
- Portfolio of strategic or financial investor clients focused on M&A
- Minimum of 10 years deal advisory/consultancy experience, with focus on Integration & Separation
- Significant experience across the key integration/separation activities, including: integration planning, integration management office leadership, synergy evaluation, business and target operating model development, and integration execution
- Fluent in English.
- Mandarin, Cantonese and other Asian language proficiency is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2021 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.