The Role Responsibilities
- Drive the development of new lending solutions riding on alternative data by commercializing Commercial Data Interchange and Federated Learning infrastructure to drive business volume.
- Onboard and manage partners; and develop tailor-made lending proposition to drive client referrals from partners.
- Develop supply chain solution proposition and drive partnership with anchors from CCIB and big conglomerates in HK for BB to finance the SME suppliers.
- Develop new revolving lending products riding on Project Keystone and straight-through small business loans for MSMEs through digital platform.
- Develop lending propositions for new industries e.g., E-commerce.
- Develop partnerships strategy and new lending solutions that meet the needs to HK and Greater Bay Area clients in line with HK FinTech 2025 strategy including the use of alternative data strategy and new data infrastructure such as CDI and Open Banking API.
- Optimize portfolio return through improving customer targeting, partnership strategy, setting pricing strategy and product enhancements. Lead the formulation and execution of business strategies to achieve financial targets, superior customer service quality and growth opportunities in new product areas.
People & Talent
- Develop, rollout, maintain and recommend procedures and controls that meet / strengthen the requirements of acquisition and deepening programmes.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure strict compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities. Responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory audit rating where needed.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas. Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Hong Kong Business Banking team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- The HKMA
- Business Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, Relationship Management, Group Business Banking
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Hong Kong Business Banking Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures, Multiple functions (double hats).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University graduate with over 10 years of proven banking experience and exposure in SME Banking, Credit and Business Performance Management, Digital, Channel Management, Strategy and Analytic Functions, corporate or commercial banking, preferably gained through experience in frontline roles.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills and the ability to effectively work with multiple business partners.
- Knowledge of the changing regulatory environment in the financial services sector.
- Highly motivated and proven record of delivery within challenging timescale.
- Demonstrate ability to drive projects and implement changes.
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to consider alternative and innovative solutions.
About Standard Chartered
- Understanding Customer Needs
- Lending Process and Standards
- Banking Products and Services Development
- Customer / Market Focus
- Product Development Strategy
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers