Director, Power, Utilities and Infrastructure
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
The Industry Banker is responsible for originating and providing [Power, Utilities and Infrastructure ] expertise on deals. The Industry Banker will bring coverage and product execution capabilities in order to focus on strategic deals (Corporate Finance and Capital Markets). The Industry Banker will work closely as a team with the Relationship Managers and Product Partners to deepen client relationships and drive revenue and returns growth.
People and Talent
- Deliver new mandates to help achieve the Industry Coverage annual budgets
- Ensure mandates are properly and expediently executed to the highest standards
- Lead engagement with client, including deal economics, engagement letter and term sheet negotiations
- Position SCB's Industry Group as a first port of call for SCB's core clients requiring services in M&A advisory, LBO advisory, private equity placements, acquisition financing
- Initiate and develop new relationships with target clients and develop and maintain existing client relationships
- Work closely with Relationship Managers / Industry Bankers to up-tier key client relationships and help propagate an advisory culture
- Work closely with product partners in Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Financial Markets and Transaction Banking to integrate and cross-sell products
- Leverage key lending relationships to win advisory and acquisition financing mandates
- Develop and manage talent, encourage a performance driven culture
- Provide mentorship and help groom junior bankers in the team to develop into successful industry bankers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Degree or post graduate qualified from a top-tier school
- Prior experience in a top-tier investment bank with a track record in Structured Debt, Project Finance, M&A, Capital Markets, Financial Markets and Structured Trade transactions
- Good knowledge and understanding of Industry within scope of responsibility
- Solid financial analysis, client interaction, deal negotiation and structuring
- Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance obligations
- Ability to excel in both team and self-directed settings
- Strong work ethics, detail orientation and a passion for excellence
- Effective communication skills both written and oral with internal and external clients and stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.