Our Client is a leading private debt firm focused on secured middle market lending to corporates primarily based in the Asia Pacific region. The Firm manages a number of funds with AUM of just under US$2 billion. The Structured Capital group works across various facets of the Firm, primarily providing bespoke solutions to its funds and its assets.
- Take a management role in the Structured Capital team by assuming responsibility for the day-to-day operation of assignments.
- Provide reports to the Managing Directors and Partners where appropriate, delegating tasks as required to other members of the team and ensuring their timely completion.
- Provide guidance, motivation, mentoring and assistance to the team, assisting them with their training and progression in the Firm and undertake appraisals and other actions as required.
- Assume responsibility for client relations and liaise with clients, clients’ employees, agents and lawyers as necessary.
- Build and maintain relationships with other professionals, referring work where appropriate to those professionals and where possible funding referrals to other investors, banks and other funders.
- Handle and respond, within acceptable timescales, to case related correspondence and telephone calls from stakeholders and clients.
- Prepare operational budgets and plans for portfolio companies and investments.
- Perform financial analysis on new opportunities, as well as assisting in the credit underwriting process.
- Be willing to travel as required for work assignments
- Minimum of 10+ years’ (15 years preferred) relevant experience preferably gained in a similar Firm(s).
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or an MBA or a Professional Accountancy qualification.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work a demanding schedule in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience with managing of day-to-day aspects of client relationships and projects.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills.
- Fluency in at least one Asian language preferred.
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly.
- Engaging personality and strong team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal with ambiguity.
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word.