Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering our staff with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
Manulife HK is seeking an Underwriting Director who is seasoned in underwriting field with excellent technical knowledge and sophisticated team management experience. The incumbent will be critical in leading the team to reach the new height and drive new ways of working. What motivates you?
• You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
• You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
• You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
• You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
• You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
• You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone We are looking for someone with:
• Degree or equivalent business qualifications
• LOMA qualification/FLMI preferred
• Over 15 years of relevant experience in life underwriting
• Excellent underwriting competency
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong analytical mind and problem solving skills, with innovation and a customer-care focus
• Experience of small team leadership
• PC literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese word processing On the job you will:
• Manage daily operations to ensure satisfactory services are delivered within turnaround time
• Be the first port of call to resolve appeals and complaints
• Ensure underwriting standards comply with audits guidelines while meeting pricing assumptions of mortality and morbidity
• Polish and enhance underwriting rules and guidelines to ensure both are reasonable and practical
• Keep track of competitors' practices to make recommendations and business cases to enable upgrade of existing guidelines
• Streamline and enhance workflow and process to ensure satisfactory resources usage and operational efficiency
• Participate in product development and lead implementation in Underwriting
• Responsible for MIS analytics and make recommendations for improvement
• Conduct and arrange professional training for underwriters
• Lead projects when required Our commitment to you
• Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
• A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
• A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
• Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at jobs.manulife.com If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong. Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact email@example.com .