Director / Associate Director, Infrastructure Advisory
KPMG China operates in 25 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG China's Strategy & Performance (S&P) works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
S&P is organized across five business pillars:
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Government & Infrastructure
Operating as one team across China, we work closely with a wide range of organizations from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
KPMG's Global Infrastructure business is one of the world's leading advisors to the infrastructure sector ( www.kpmg.com/infrastructure). Our team in Hong Kong advises public and private sector clients on all aspects of the financing, structuring, procurement, delivery and operations of infrastructure and real estate assets. Our advice is independent and draws on deep sector experience within our local regional and global teams.
KPMG's Hong Kong Infrastructure Advisory team is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking to hire a highly skilled professional with deep experience advising on and managing the delivery of major projects. Candidates that have a technical / design background are preferred.
This is a strategic role with leadership responsibility and will report directly to the Head of Infrastructure for Hong Kong. Candidates with sufficient experience will be considered for a Director level. Those with less experience will be considered for Associate Director level. Responsibilities
- Lead and manage complex client engagements and projects and act as the key client interface
- Develop effective client and stakeholder relationships with Government, Developers, Construction Groups, Design Consultants, Technology Providers, Investors, Industry Associations and other stakeholders in the industry
- Lead a wide range of complex assignments across diverse subject matter areas including public policy advisory, project management, project controls advisory, asset management advisory, project risk management, project procurement and contract development and other strategic advisory support with respect to the planning and delivery of major projects
- Lead and coordinate team members in delivering client research, benchmarking, analysis, high quality client reports and presentations, client proposals, thought leadership publications, internal reports and other materials as required in the course of business
- Lead marketing and communication activities related to infrastructure, real estate and construction
- Proactive engagement with KPMG's global and regional Major Projects Advisory and Infrastructure networks
- Proactive support to the Head of Infrastructure with implementing the team's growth strategy Requirements
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
- Consulting experience as well as construction project delivery experience
- A team player with high levels of enthusiasm
- Strong interest and passion for complex projects; Public Private Partnerships (PPP), infrastructure, government, project management, construction and engineering
- 12+ years professional experience across design, consulting, project management, engineering or related activities
- Deep experience in developing and delivering project controls services, commercial and contract advice, project reviews and risk management services to infrastructure and real estate projects in an advisory/consulting environment
- A degree and professional qualification in project management, engineering, architecture, planning or surveying, e.g. HKIE, ICE, IMechE, MRICS, APMP or equivalent
- Strong analytical, financial, contractual and commercial skills
- Experience of sourcing opportunities and developing proposals
- Experience of participating in and contributing to successful projects and engagement teams
- Good written and verbal presentation and communication skills in English. Cantonese, Mandarin and written Chinese skills are desirable
- Willingness to travel
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.