Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Strive to maximize branch profitability by achieving the committed targets, devising and implementing strategies, developing new business opportunities of the selected segments, namely the Priority Banking, Personal Banking, general mass market, managing the sales, service and operations activities of the branch.
- Strong emphasis on outserving our customers to maximise customer experience.
- Manage costs Generate revenue through sales volume, customer acquisition, retention, relationship enhancement and new market segment penetration
- Expand on existing customer relationships
- Refer potential customers to other units
- Target allocation for individual sales, counter sales and bulk deal sales
- Daily activity plan for branch sales on customer contact, follow-up calls, localised DM etc
- Weekly meeting to review past week result, plan and set focus for coming week
People and Talent
- Ensure all security measures are in place
- Ensure compliance of Management Manual, Operating Manuals and Bank's laid down procedures
- Comply with all applicable money laundering prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention officer and line manager
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements
- Create a positive and energetic working environment
- Build a strong and capable working team. Manage and maintain a team of top-quality RMs and support staff to gain the perception of having the best PrB personnel in the market
- Develop staff for succession plan with the support of HR
- To ensure that control procedures outlined in various Branch Operations Manuals or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented, and ensure staff compliance with the same.
- To comply with the control requirements in the laid down procedures or Manual relevant to job responsibilities.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the assigned branch to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- All frontline business stakeholders
- All Retail Banking departments stakeholders (Strategy Branch Operations & System / CEPG etc.), and
- Other support functions (IT / Audit / Finance / HR etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Retail Banking customers
- Business partners (Solicitors / real estate agents etc)
Role S pecific Competencies
About Standard Chartered
- Anti-money Laundering Policies and Procedures
- Portfolio Management for Retail Bank
- Investment Management
- Customer Retention
- Customer Experience Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers