An International Bank in Hong Kong is looking for a Documentation Negotiator with Financial Service Experience!
Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
Institutional Securities Documentation is a global team based in several locations (including New York, London, Hong Kong, Mumbai and Tokyo). The current opening is for a professional within the Hong Kong based team with responsibility for documentation aspects of OTC derivative transactions in Asia, with a particular focus on Initial Margin documentation.
- Work with account opening teams and operations to ensure a smooth process in client onboarding covering both Asia and Australia offices
- Prepare, negotiate and execute master derivatives agreements, including but not limited to ISDA, GMRA and GMSLA
- Review and analyze constitutional and signing authority documents of the client to determine capacity and authority. Assist with revising signing authority documents of the client if necessary
- Work closely with Risk, Credit and Legal on documentation developments and assist with drafting if requires
- Assist in handling business unit’s queries in terms of documentations
- Conduct due diligence, capacity and authority check on client as part of the credit limit approval process
- Participate in regulatory projects from documentation perspective and help to drive remediation exercise where necessary
- Get involved in different business driven initiatives including but not limited to gap analysis across the practice across different offices
- Participate in globally or locally led projects related to documentation
What you'll need to succeed
- 1-3 years of legal experience in fianancial service industry
- Law graduate with relevant experience in financing/derivatives is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; be prepared to speak to clients (internal and external) at all times
- Proficiency in English is a must. Mandarin speaking and writing skills preferred but not a must.
- Willingness to work in dynamic trading floor environment and the ability to excel under pressure.
- Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to multi-task and work efficiently, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to work in a leading investment bank
- The opportunity to collaborate with like-minded individuals
- The career development opportunities working in a fast-paced environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.