Documentation Officer, Global Markets Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific ( www.apac.bnpparibas )
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
* excluding partnerships
Officer Capital Market for paper confirmation
The officer will be in charge of handling different documentation process liaising with sales, trading, relationship managers, trade processing team and legal team. He/She will be in charge of liaising with clients to ensure the good execution of all confirmations
Its Primary responsibilities are to perform day-to-day trade confirmation drafting and execution
The team works closely with other Trade Processing teams and Front Office to ensure timely communication for any non -executed confirmations
Also in the light of EMIR regulation and risk reduction, the target is to match all confirmations within one day and globally to reduce the outstanding confirmations delay.
To draft confirmations with counterparts for wide range of Products including Vanilla Options, Equities Swaps, Variance Swaps, Knock-out Forwards, exotic swaps, exotic options etc.
- To perform final verification of the trade economics before sending the final confirmation to counterparts
- To support secondary events during the product life cycle such as Novation, Early Termination, etc.
- To closely comply with EMIR, FED and Dodd-Franck regulation
- To follow up any type of amendments requests
Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
Key results areas:
- Customer Services
- To be customer-focused and maintain a high quality services standard
- Permanent Control Aspects
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Do regular regulatory reports.
Continuous Control & Improvement:
- To closely monitor the trade volumes and outstanding confirmations and escalate issues/concerns to the line managers
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
- Contribute in providing guidance to ISPL
- Participate to global projects related to any Documentation processes improvements.
- Active follow up on updating procedures of Documentation processes.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Computer skills is highly a must.
- Fluent English
- Organized & good resistance to stress
- Attention to detail: the confirmation is the ultimate document which bind the bank with the counterparty, 100% correct is non-negotiable
- Self-discipline & autonomy: Each team member has its own portfolio of clients, which need to be managed efficiently. Ability to work on its own with little supervision.
- Adaptability & Change Management: Ability to easily adapt to new situations (new booking systems, new products, new activities to manage…) as this is a constant changing environment
- Strong Client Focus: Client is at the center of all our concerns. All team members are in touch on daily basis with clients from its portfolio. The balance between EMIR regulation and client's satisfaction is a constant challenge. Being able to implement a strong and effective relationship with counterparties, in order to meet as much as possible regulatory requirements
- Escalation & Reporting process: all team members need to closely follow escalation rules in place with all different stakeholders. This is only thanks the strictly compliance to those rules that we can achieve EMIR targets. Being able to efficiently raise to manager issues encountered on a daily basis, even if those are not forecasted in existing processes
- 3 years' experience at least in Documentation or in operations
- Bachelor or Master Degree on Economics, Mathematics or Finance