In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
About Electronic Equites Business:
The Electronic Equites business provides clients execution services on over 100 markets in more than 30 countries worldwide. We provide the full spectrum of capabilities: from Sponsored or Direct Market Access to Smart Order Router and Algorithmic Execution. Technology is a key factor in the success of this business, hence we focus on a small number of technologies and platforms, each dedicated and optimised for a particular function to achieve best results. We look to build compact, flat and global teams, actively collaborating between each other and with the business. We are a team with engineering culture, we value hands-on technical skills at any level.
The Market Connectivity C++ Engineer will join a distributed team developing strategic market connectivity application. The application is deployed globally across all markets in Americas, EMEA and APAC regions normalising market access and performing comprehensive set of client-level and market-level limit controls. It is low-latency, high-throughput, resilient application which requires careful consideration of non-functional requirements. If you join the team, you will work on various development tasks depending on your skills and preferences: implementing access to new markets, mandatory market upgrades, implementing new and changing existing limit controls, further improving latency, and others. Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Coding in C++, but ready to take with occasional side projects in bash/perl/python/kdb/java depending on skills.
- Influence team members on best design, review and improve others code, build up network and positive energy across teams to deliver end goal.
- Ability is desire to work in an agile environment, with daily communication to the business and short turn-around delivery cycles.
- Be a team player in flat, compact, regionally distributed multi-skilled team.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for delivery: participate in design, coding, peer reviews, work with QA and Support teams on releases, and perform SL3.
Specific Qualifications (if required
- Strong background in C++ development. Python is a plus.
- Experience in developing C++ code optimized for low latency
- Good knowledge of equity trading domain. APAC market microstructure a plus.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in C++ development of trading applications (any asset class)
- Desirable experience in Electronic Trading, experience in Market Connectivity is a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of Linux environment (scripting, common toolset)
- Knowledge in low latency techniques and performance optimisation.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, UDP/Multicast is a plus.
- Knowledge of the FIX Protocol.