Join us in building a virtual bank in your early days of Tech career. We're solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We're applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking. About Mox
Mox is built by and for the ones who aspire to live life to the fullest - we call them Generation Mox! The name Mox reflects the endless opportunities we can create, - Mobile eXperience; Money eXperience; Money X (multiplier), eXponential growth, eXploration... it's all up for us to define together. Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- This role is a generic engineering role for young talents to explore your preferred tech focus in the early stage of engineering career
- Greenfield development and the continuous improvement of our existing systems
- Our programming languages include Kotlin, Python, Typescript, React JS but our architecture allows for using the most appropriate language to solve a given problem
- Leverage our elastic AWS infrastructure to build a cloud native app
- Working closely with Product team and practice continuous integration and delivery in agile
- You build it, you run it
About Standard Chartered
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality, who loves to share with other engineers
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication in English and organisational skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers