Summary of Role
Do you have a passion for architecting complex IT solutions? We are seeking a talented Solutions Architect to join our growing Multi-Service Integration organization. In this role, you will be an integral part of the client service team, solutioning large, multi-tower engagements across multiple business units.
A solution architect is responsible for the design of one or more applications or services within an organization, and is typically part of a solution development team. He or she must have a balanced mix of technical and business skills, and will often work with an enterprise architect or technical architects for strategic direction. The main focus is on the technical decisions being made regarding the solution and how they impact the business outcomes.
You will craft top-notch solutions for our clients' transformation and outsourcing requirements. You will define and drive business-IT solutions that use innovative business processes, architectural and technical frameworks to provide client partners with viable, high value solutions to complex business problems. Our solutions are typically a combination of Digital, BPO, applications development, applications management and infrastructure services. This elite opportunity requires prior professional experience as a solution architect, with a consistent track record of running and winning deals. Focus of an Enterprise Architect:
- How technology can be used to solve a given business problem
- Which framework, platform, or tech-stack can be used to create a solution
- How the application will look, what the modules will be, and how they interact with each other
- How things will scale for the future and how they will be maintained
- Figuring out the risk in third-party frameworks/platforms
- Finding a solution to a business problem.
Skills & Experience:
- Drive solutioning for complex deals involving multiple service lines and technical disciplines as part of RFI, RFP and informal deal processes.
- Lead a multi-functional team of tower authorities across their respective domains.
- Work closely with clients, intermediaries and internal Cognizant technical domain authorities to build high impact solutions
- Define solution vision and direction building on commonalities and benefits across lines of business and technologies
- Envision a transformation roadmap that aligns with the strategic and tactical direction of the partner client
- Drive the translation of complex business initiatives into creative and innovate business-technology solutions and ensure consistency across traditional solution boundaries
- Work with Business Stakeholders and Project Managers to understand inefficiencies in clients' existing business processes and applications and recommend solutions
- 15+ years of experience in IT Consulting or in an enterprise architect role with a minimum of 2 years of experience in at least two of the following: Infrastructure Services, BPO, Digital, Applications Development and Maintenance
- Must have demonstrated good consulting/ architecture experience in one or more digital areas (cloud, AI/ML, Analytics, digital enablement, front end transformation, eBusiness, CRM, data, UI/UX, IoT, Blockchain)
- Proven experience planning, designing, and implementing large scale business-IT solutions
- Proficient in Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools
- Experience in multiple technology platforms and domains is desirable
- Certified in TOGAF 9 or similar is desirable
- Ability to present complex delivery and technical concepts to the clients during white-boarding and orals sessions
- Ability to articulate the value of technical capabilities to C-suite audience
- Ability to operate with ambiguity and program manage the solution build process
- Strong leadership skills, decision-making and problem solving abilities.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering subjects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Ability to converse in local languages will be an advantage