Equity Exotics Trade Support - Trade Capture - Banking Operations Hong Kong
Trade Support 's mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
As the first link in the Operations chain, Trade Support is also the first level of control for the business MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties
- Product scope: Exotic Equity and Hybrid derivatives. Products including equity linked notes, share accumulators, auto-callable and other exotic payoffs
- Trade capture / Modelling of exotic products and deals in the in-house information systems
- Understand the modelling of exotic products and deals in the in-house information systems. Resolve breaks that might occur in the different systems. Identify the root cause and put in place long term action plan.
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments
- Streamline booking workflow through automation and process review
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term. Profile Required KEY SKILL AREAS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- At least 5 years' relevant experience is required for Associate level; candidates with less experience may be considered at Analyst level.
- Equity derivatives product knowledge (vanilla and exotic, payoff understanding, life cycle events).
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Being able to work and tackle challenges as a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken); required to work with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, Other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America).
- Client oriented: Always strive for the best for our clients (internal/external).
- English compulsory.
- MIFII certification is not acquired to hold the position BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Result oriented
- Thinking outside the box
- Positive mindset
- Change oriented
- Team player Business Insight
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programmes to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development programme, a Junior programme for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000DYG
Business unit: SG Securities (HK) Limited
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 17/07/2020