Equity Flow Trade Support
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 20 Nov 18
Equity Flow Trade Support
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth.
Trade Support 's mission is to ensure all new trades and life cycle events are correctly reflected in the relevant information systems / database:
- for Front Office to have a clear and accurate view of their positions and risks,
- for Operations to ensure smooth settlement for all trades,
- for Finance to compute economic and accounting PnL in due time.
Major Accountabilities/Principal Responsibilities:
- Product scope: Vanilla Equity Derivatives Products including SFS products (DPS, ELS, EMTN, CB, Repo..) and Volatility products (Options, Futures, Warrants, Variance Swaps and Volatility Swaps)
- Monitoring, processing and booking of corporate action events for Equity Vanilla products and bonds
- Monitoring and booking of vanilla life cycle events in the FO and BO information systems including product maturity and support of Warrant desk (product KO)
- Streamline the different workflow through automation and process review (Corporate action / Product expiry / Warrant booking, Fees...)
- Contribute to defining specifications and performing UAT for new information systems.
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments.
- Write down / update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls.
- Assist FO on their specific requests with effective and innovative solutions
- React in a timely manner to incidents and develop action plan for the long term.
Key Skill Areas & Knowledge Required:
- Vanilla equity derivative products knowledge
- Basic knowledge on Corporate Action events (type of events, impact)
- Previous experience in trade support of Equity Derivatives business or Corporate action is preferred
- Accuracy, swiftness, ability to work under pressure in trading environment.
- Strong and sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
- Being able to work and tackle challenges as a team
- Excellent communication skills; required to work with various internal partners (Traders, Engineers, Sales, Other Middle Offices, Product Control teams, Back Offices, IT) in different regions (Asia, Europe, America).
- English compulsory
Behavioural Competency Required:
- Team Player
- Responsible and Proactive
- Result oriented: demonstrate strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions
- Client focus : consistently search for ways to improve our client service
- Positive mindset
- Think out of the box
- University graduate major in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Information Technology preferred