- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Equity Trader will be responsible for:
- Executing trade orders for all relevant client accounts, using a mixture of high-touch and low-touch dealer execution services
- Executing orders in a manner consistent with our best execution and risk management practices, as well as our policies and procedures.
- Gathering, analyzing, and disseminating market, sector and security information that identifies or creates actionable investment opportunities.
- Developing and enhancing over time an in-depth understanding of the investment philosophies and strategies of the portfolio managers, strategists, and analysts we serve.
- Remaining informed of new product developments.
- Fostering new trading relationships and leveraging existing relationships.
- Monitoring and improving efforts to enhance efficiency while mitigating risk.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-8 years of trading experience; specific Asia trading experience is a plus.
- Experience trading a wide array of instruments beyond equities would be additive.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Passion for and working knowledge of global equity markets.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; a precision and risk management mindset that results in accurate and compliant work and manifests itself in double-checking work, stopping to question anything unusual, and frequent reconciliation of work throughout the day.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to apply those skills in a highly practical fashion.
- An attitude and practice of proactive idea generation and continuous review and improvement of our processes.
- Impeccable integrity, fiduciary mindset, and ability to consistently place the interests of our clients as the number one priority.
- Strong quantitative skills, programming experience would be additive
- A pro-technology mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment.
- Strong academic credentials; MBA/CFA preferred.
- Fluency in English and Japanese or Mandarin
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .