Equity linked Financing and Derivatives Lawyer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 18 Mar 19
Job Reference # 188959BR
Do you have product or transactional experience in equity-linked financing or derivatives?
Do you have a background or interest in working on products or transactions involving financing or derivatives referencing equities listed on stock exchanges throughout the Asia Pacific?
Are you independent and self-driven?
Are you a quick thinker who can combine in-depth legal analysis with sound commercial judgment to come up with creative solutions?
We're looking for an Equity linked Financing and Derivatives Lawyer to join our Asia legal team for the Corporate Client Solutions (CCS) business to:
- provide legal coverage for products and transactions in equity-linked financing or derivatives involving the Strategic Equity Solutions Group (SESG) in Asia, including margin lending, equity-linked swaps and options, and equity linked notes issuances
- assist with financial regulatory and corporate or corporate finance related issues on products and transactions involving the SESG business in Asia.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- participating in, and providing advice to, transaction review and commitment committees on transactions contemplated by or involving UBS Investment Bank
- advising on transaction structuring from a legal and risk perspective and providing input on due diligence, transaction management and execution issues
- advising on and escalating legal and litigation risk and providing input to advice/analysis undertaken by CCS Asia Compliance with respect to regulatory risk issues
- working with the Asia CCS business and other functions to escalate reputational and financial risk
- reviewing and advising on product/transaction documents
- reviewing, advising on and negotiating (and, where external counsel is not appointed, drafting) product or transaction documentation
- engaging and managing external counsel with respect to their advice and services provided on product or transaction documentation and other product or transactional issues
- developing and updating templates of commonly used legal agreements
- providing legal and regulatory updates relating to the SESG business in Asia
There could also be opportunities for you to participate in special projects within UBS with exposure to senior legal and business management on a cross-divisional basis.
You will be working in the CCS Asia legal team. We are responsible for advising our CCS business colleagues, including the Strategic Equity Solutions Group, on legal and regulatory matters related to the services they offer to our clients across Asia. You will be focused on transactions throughout Asia. You will also work closely with CCS legal colleagues around the globe to make sure the advice we give to our businesses is consistent and fits internal policies.
- 3+ years of relevant practical experience in a major law firm or an international enterprise
- a good general knowledge of relevant regulations in key jurisdictions in Asia such as Singapore and Hong Kong
- an interest in complex legal and regulatory issues and the ability to learn and expand your skill set into further areas of legal advice
- excellent social skills with a good sense of humor and the ability to influence and persuade others
- a collaborative approach to achieving goals, a readiness to take initiatives and actively share information, and a willingness to undertake a variety of roles within the CCS Asia legal team as required
- fluent in English. (Ability to speak, read and write Chinese is very strongly desirable)
- naturally curious and keen to identify and get to the bottom of relevant matters
- persistent in reaching defined objectives with stamina, initiative and drive
- able to handle pressure and used to working to challenging deadlines
- comfortable in working in a dynamic and varied legal environment
- an excellent team player and as such an expert at building networks and connections and in communicating across rank and cultures.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.