Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Corporate Communications
Hang Seng's Corporate Communications Department formulates and executes compelling communications programmes that promote the Bank's corporate image, products and services. It monitors public opinions about the Bank and ensures important messages are conveyed in a timely and effective manner. The Department also helps safeguard Hang Seng's brand and position as the leading domestic bank in Hong Kong by advising on reputational matters and strengthening relationships with its stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our Corporate Communications Department as External Communications Manager.
As a key member of the team, the External Communications Manager is expected to implement independently our External Communications plan which supports the Bank's overall objectives - from business growth, employer value propositions (EVP), to the deployment of key strategies. The person will be the key External Communications touch point for business units and functions, supporting them to promote the Bank's brand and value, products and services. The role holder is also expected to build thought-leadership for the Bank's spokespersons and establish amicable relationship with various external stakeholders, including media, event organizers, PR agencies and business associations.
The role holder will also support the development of the Bank's core messages and maintain its corporate narrative. The person should work as an advisor/ gatekeeper to ensure the Bank's messaging is consistent across the board. Principal responsibilities
Brand/ Corporate Narrative
- Work as a brand steward for the Bank's, with a focus on narrative and messaging
- Drive key message development for various business units and functions of the Bank and ensure they got pushed through different internal and external channels
- Support content development of all corporate materials by advising on key messages and angle
- Coordinate with other internal stakeholders to develop and maintain corporate materials and literature
- Work as content steward to ensure all business units and functions are aligned on the Bank's strategic narrative
Media and External Communications
- Lead the promotion of the Bank's value and strategy, as well as products and services via various external communications channels
- Maintain and develop excellent relationships with media at all levels in Hong Kong and Mainland China, in particular the Greater Bay Area
- Optimize PR opportunities and generate positive coverage via event, press release, proactive media pitching, interviews, contributed articles, columns/ commentaries
- Build thought-leadership for the Bank's senior executives
- Be a gatekeeper of all external communications exercise
- Manage reputational risk
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- A self-motivated individual with at least 7 years of relevant experience in media, public relations or content development
- Experience in building strong relationship with local, regional and Chinese media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Chinese and English
- Experience in working closely with senior stakeholders, and be able to take on an advisory role in communications
- Strong news sense and good understanding on the economic/ consumer trends in Hong Kong and China
- Banking experience will be a plus
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.