Finance - APAC Tax, Vice President/ Executive Director (Hong Kong)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals.
Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm?s books and records, and by contributing to Firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley?s various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley?s various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm.
- Responsible for overall Singapore Tax coverage
- Advise business units on tax implications of Singapore related activities, products, new initiatives
- Assist Firm Management in execution of key strategic transactions in Singapore
- Oversee local tax compliance of multiple group companies in Singapore including transfer pricing
- Manage tax authority queries and tax audits
- Manage FSI Incentives including relevant MAS relationships
- Support US tax team on effective tax rate reconciliation
Business Unit coverage and coordination for regional initiatives
- Represent Tax and work with infrastructure groups such as Financial Control, Treasury, Payroll, Legal & Compliance on Firm initiatives
- Actively identify and manage tax risks for the Firm