Finance - Balance Sheet Management Lead Analyst, AVP/VP
The Country Citi Treasury team supports the Country Treasurer and CFO on Balance Sheet Management activities.The team is responsible for ensuring disciplined treasury practices in managing treasury risk exposures, and providing an independent oversight on liquidity risk management and contingency funding planning.The Country Citi Treasury Team also partners with the businesses to optimize funding structure within appropriate risk levels and Balance Sheet management disciplines.The team provides advisory service on treasury strategy, supports the Country ALCO discussion, and acts as a liaison with all constituencies within Citigroup, including communication with senior management, strategizing treasury issues with other business segments and across different corporate functions (Financial Control, tax, etc.).
The Balance Sheet Management Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet. This includes
- Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships.
- Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing.
- Exposure to Citi's balance sheet and develop understanding of data and technology infrastructure supporting the liquidity reporting process.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- To meet increasing demands of workload due to the Consent Order projects initiatives, global initiatives and local regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field preferred,
- 4-7 years of experience in Finance
- Must have advanced analytical skills but also the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills are imperative i.e. ability to make complex subjects easily digestible for senior management
- Exercises proven Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment Ability to interact with all levels of management Must be a team player
Candidates with less experience may be considered as AVP. Job Family Group:
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
Finance Job Family:
Balance Sheet Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting