Finance Manager- PwC Tax Firmwide Corporate Support
Line of Service
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Internal Firm Services - Other Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Focus on building trusted relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- The role is responsible for managing all aspect of financial & management accounting functions including financial reporting, budgeting, business analysis, cash flow management and tax reporting.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements and business analysis for management and stakeholders of other business units
- Prepare forecast, budgets, and oversee cash flow management
- Ensure proper governance and controls in the daily operations of the business unit, liaising with auditors and tax advisers to fulfill statutory and reporting requirements
- Liaise with internal and external parties to resolve issues associated with payment to vendors and inter-firm settlements
- Coordinate with matter management team in working capital management
- Liaise with payroll team to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the payroll
- Work closely with finance teams in China to align work processes, SOP's and reporting requirements
- Coordinate and drive the initiatives of system enhancement, budgeting process and various ad hoc projects
- A CPA or a degree in accounting / finance At least 5 years accounting experience at a supervising level;
- Previous working experience in professional or law firm is desirable;
- Strong analytical sense with good communication skills;
- Good command of both English and Chinese; fluency in Putonghua is an advantage;
- Be highly independent, well-organised and self-motivated;
- Able to work under pressure and be adaptable to a dynamic work environment with changing priorities
- Proficiency in Excel is a must
- Experience in using Elite system is preferable
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified)
0. Global: Certified Public Accountant - Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (required) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Chinese - Mandarin Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date