Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Financial Consultant Lead Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Financial Consultant Lead. Principal Responsibilities
- Formulate and drive sales strategy with branch channel to grow insurance business from HNW and mainlander segment
- Build and maintain positive working relationship internally and externally to facilitate the implementation of business initiatives and projects
- Lead and motivate team member to achieve department goals, and coach team members to further develop HNW expertise
- Act as close business partners for RMs to build a trusted long-term relationships with HNW customers and offer insurance solution that suit customers' needs
- Inspire customers' awareness on importance of planning for their futures with diverse financial tools; build in concept and role of insurance solutions for life planning
- Identify customers' financial planning needs; offer professional financial advice and introduce insurance solutions to achieve goals in different life stage
- Manage operational and compliance risk, including its identification, assessment, mitigation and controls, loss identification and reporting by observing the relevant policies and guidelines issue by the Bank & Group
- Understand and adhere to both the letter and the spirit of all laws, regulations and regulatory guidance that apply to my role, promptly reporting any breaches in accordance with local procedures
- Maintain sufficient and effective processes and controls identifying and mitigating risks and ensure timely escalation and resolution of all control issues and reputation risks
- University degree in Business, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years or above working experience in direct channels business development
- Strong understanding on financial industry and good market sense carry solid foundation in life insurance proposition concept and product knowledge
- Experience in comprehensive wealth management and portfolio review; capability in retirement planning, legacy planning and risk management (protection) planning
- Experience in Private Banking, PRC exposure, law or trust background preferred
- Passes in the Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examinations
- Professional qualification in financial planning will be an advantage such as CFMPTM, CFPCM, FLMI, CFA
- Mature, creative and dynamic individual with excellent communication and presentational skills
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Proficiency in Cantonese, Putonghua and English is required
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.