About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
To provide technical support for all Financial Markets business for the following applications and services:
- All Refinitiv/ Bloomberg/EBS Applications, including Market Data applications.
- All Front Office voice technologies, including dealer boards, voice recorder & intercoms
- Email and Instant Messaging applications
- Desktop Computing Environment
- To provide 1st, 2nd & 3rd technical support for all Financial Markets business products and infrastructures (desktop, server, dealer telephony & market data).
- Problem and Change (Scheduled change & request provisioning) Management - Incident/Change Management, call logging, call trends, call reporting including high severity problem control. All Remedy related initiatives and updates. Ensuring standards are adhered to, or dispensations raised
- To assist in the provision of business recovery sites to give the ability to conduct business transactions and monitor exposure in the event of a disaster.
- Responsible for the enforcement of global strategies and standards in all Financial Markets locations including ensuring risk / compliance, processes / procedures and security / build standards are followed
- Risk management control, SIP initiatives and reporting, including technical audit compliance, directly and indirectly.
- To ensure that technology related audit ready at any given point of time by maintaining all necessary details as per regulations.
- To raise risks in the appropriate forums and follow ORMAF - Operational Risk Management & Assurance Framework.
- To ensure processes, guidelines and procedures are in place and enforced for quality in installation, running, operating and support of all standard desktops, servers, local and wide area networking infrastructure, legacy systems and email system.
- To manage vendors including onsite support engineers (OSV) who are responsible for the ongoing support of the Financial Markets businesses to ensure a secure, stable and highly resilient environment.
- Accountable for the implementation and ongoing verification of Security patch's (OS and Virus) within SCB locations.
- To apply knowledge of IT, Financial Products and Best Market Practice to ensure that SCB achieve the best possible return for any investment made within the following areas: networks, market information systems, services and communications.
- Informed - Service Management process
- Awareness and understanding of the FM Group's business strategy and model FMIS appropriate to the role required
- Awareness and understanding of Financial Market business, dealing room users and technical environment in which the Group operates
People & Talent:
- Responsible and follow Bank standard process within FMIS domain
- Service Management process
- Risk Management process.
- Vendor Management process (if applicable)
- Budget process (if applicable)
- Strong team leading skills with an ability to motivate.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate with the business
- Ability to prioritise and control activities and deliver results within budgetary and resource constraints.
- Independent and confident, but willing and able to harness the expertise of others.
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
- Service Management skills and techniques
- Strong management of external (vendor) resources and services
- Strong troubleshooting/problem assessment skills
- Must be able to manage a distributed workforce.
- Must be able to mentor staff.
- Must be flexible in terms of tasks.
- Responsibilities relating to identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group, as well as an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- All responsibilities under the Risk Management Framework as defined within the Group's Risk management framework - both execution and supervisory
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (e.g. processes and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas; Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FMIS to achieve the outcomes set out in FM Code of Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional Mangers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Understand, acknowledge, and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Knowledge/Experience in managing IT support, operations, and project implementations in a wholesale bank environment including trading room or at least 3 years, 1st / 2nd line support for Front Office environment
- Knowledge of wholesale bank services that includes FX, MM, FI, Commodity, Equity Derivatives and Quants products
- Strong Market Data knowledge including Bloomberg, Eikon
- Experience in trading system knowledge include FXT, EBS, TradeWeb, TOF, STP
- Understanding of the end-to-end IT infrastructure that supports the wholesale bank services, including mainframe, mid-ranges, client-server, networking, telecommunications
- Strong knowledge of e-business trading tools
- Strong PC / Server applications skills (MCSE Certified preferred)
- Strong understanding of telecommunications and trading voice systems including
- Verba Recording, Verint Recorder
- IPC Unigy or equivalent
- SIP, V/IP, Private Wire, TDM
- knowledge of client server technologies
- Strong knowledge of technologies and industry trends in relation to business requirements, and the direction of the Group.
- Clear understanding of IT security policies.
- Project Management skills
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers