Financial & Capital Markets Account Manager, Associate Director
Based in Hong Kong, this is a strategic sales role with responsibility of revenue growth, account management and customer delight for Energy and Natural Resources products/services into China based Financial and Capital Markets (FCM) firms. General Job Duties:
• To achieve annual sales targets
• To maintain existing client service/relationships
• To develop new clients/business for revenue growth
• To collaborate with other sales for cross-sell and business expansion
The Candidate is personally responsible for supporting a portfolio of energy products and services. Specific Job Duties:
• Manage existing book of business in with strategic and results-oriented efforts to minimize cancellations, up-sell products, and cross-sell non-core products.
• Drive new business ensuring value arguments, objection handling and other key product attributes are managed.
• Lead creation through development and implementation of topical sales plays and qualified target lists. Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create a clear and compelling growth strategy for the energy portfolio in China, including white space analysis, prospect identification and prioritization, competitor displacement value propositions and sales tactics.
• Develop and manage the relationships both with the client base and internal IHS Markit stakeholders, success requires internal and external relationship management.
• Understand product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies.
• Provide ongoing feedback from clients to Sales Managers, Product Management and Research.
• Increase customer satisfaction, reduce cancellations, preserve customer investment with IHS Markit, and focused customer Win-Back efforts.
• Development of account plans and customer profiles as well as territory plans and strategies.
• Build long term solid relationships with client base.
• Conduct business development activities including attendance at industry trade shows and conferences represent company at such conferences.
• Participation on national or global internal teams and leadership of those teams if required.
• Continued Professional Development, and activity reporting; includes the attendance of classes such as ASLAN, Strategic Selling, Negotiating, Effective Presentations and Communication, and Product and Industry Knowledge.
• Activity reporting inclusive of on time delivery of quality reports and the fulfillment of requests from management, accurate sales and renewal forecasting, use of the activity calendar, on time attendance at meetings, and overall professionalism.
• Periodically required to provide client contact information as needed for marketing and events. Required Experience:
• A minimum of 8 years sales experience, with at least 5 years of experience in B2B selling Energy, consulting, or other intangible business solutions
• Demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales in the Energy or financial services industry.
• Developed and implemented strategies for revenue growth that capitalize on the unique nature of specific environments, leveraging partner and other relationships creatively without being tied to a specific approach.
• Appropriately adapt and leverage products, services, and operations to effectively contend in competitive markets
• Understanding of consultative selling techniques.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as working autonomously while being self-driven and self-directed.
• Comfortable in a virtual team with manager in a remote location.
• Understanding of legal environment of local market, follow direction from legal counsel on contract terms and conditions.
• Travel expectation 20% of the time, where travel is permitted by local legislation. Other Skills:
• Excellent organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and team playing skills.
• Comfortable working in a highly complex and fast paced organization.
• Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to interact with and sell to senior level management. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.