Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst (Portfolio Implementation)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are looking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst. Based in APAC (preferable HK), the ideal candidate will work with the Global Bond Team and the global Fixed Income Implementation Team to implement their investment strategies in client portfolios.
RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities:
- Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
- Rebalancing portfolios in response to investment strategies, cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
- Monitoring positions and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
- Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks; and
- Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios.
Qualifications The successful candidate for this position is likely to have:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income investing;
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail oriented mindset;
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm;
- Ability to think creatively and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades; and
- Experience with Python would be viewed favorably
- Strong academic credentials. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably.
Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst (Portfolio Implementation) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .