Fixed Income Portfolio Manager working with the DPM team in HK office, to evaluatr the risks and opportunities of investment portfolios, including monitoring holdings to help identify buy/sell candidates based on relative value comparison
- Managing wealth management clients’ fixed income portfolios under the guidance of CIO strategic view and DPM procedures
- Evaluating the risks and opportunities of investment portfolios, including monitoring holdings to help identify buy/sell candidates based on relative value comparison
- Coordinate closely with global DPM team members on strategy and implementation for fixed income portfolios.
- Follow and execute daily portfolio management/investment processes.
- Track and monitor daily spreads/prices for all fund positions.
- To assist fellow Portfolio Managers with reporting and other duties as necessary to meet client requirements.
- Provide bond analytics, model portfolios, and presentations for prospective clients.
- Conduct ongoing research to track market trends, and come up with new investment ideas according to the Bank of Singapore House View
- Maintain relationships with Street analysts to facilitate the flow of credit and market information.
- Regularly meeting with investment analysts and company managers to discuss financial matters, including financial briefings and constructively challenging Research views
- Support sales efforts of various internal distribution channels by attending pitches, client meetings, business development routine and performing after sales reviews
- Write commentary and provide market updates.
- Relative value analysis of potential investments versus alternative investment options - both within and across asset classes.
- Present to DPM clients in review sessions and larger forums.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Degree holder with +10 years of Fixed Income portfolio management experience preferably in a discretionary portfolio/ fund management context
- Outstanding Asian fixed income asset class, strategy and market knowledge, and China investment grade and high yield investment experience are required (knowledge of Global DM/EM credit would be a plus)
- Experience in dealing with institutional clients and professional investors (UHNWIs), especially in tough market environment
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with multi-functional/ cross-regional teams
- Familiarity with financial risk models (market, credit, liquidity risk assessment and forecasting)
- Good at Excel spreadsheet analytical development and utilization; and preferably advanced skills in quantitative methods of data analysis.
- Experience with portfolio management tools (e.g. Bloomberg PORT, AIMS, Temenos (TAP) would be an advantage)
- Familiarity with ESG investing
- Fluent in Mandarin and English is required.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Bank of Singapore.